Monday, September 05, 2005

Hallelujah!

Thank the Lord, our home was spared! My car was even ok--very dirty, but no problems, no flooding! We are so incredibly thankful to find everything intact. I actually feel a bit guilty about being happy that we haven’t lost anything, especially when I saw so much destruction. My heart hurts for them and my prayers are with all of us affected!

With all of that said, we do have some damage, albeit minor compared to the mass destruction only a block away. The water oak in our backyard spilt in half (vertically). Part of it fell on the shed, cracking some roof trusses, ruffling the shingles and destroying some fascia. Also a large limb crashed into the roof over our carport, so it’s not crucial that we have the roof fixed immediately. The limb damaged the roof of course, but also cracked the fascia trim. Most of our fencing will need to be reset or replaced. And we’ll have a lot of replanting and landscaping to do now. But overall, we fared really well!

I am so touched and awed by the amount of emails and calls we’ve gotten from friends and family offering assistance of any sort! We are truly blessed to be loved by so many! Also, I am finding out that both our parents and other relatives have gotten calls from their friends asking how we are and if they can help! Lots of these people Kyle and I don’t even know--WOW!

I cannot possibly thank everyone enough for all of your support! Since we have been so fortunate, it does not appear we will need help at the moment, but maybe once stores are open again and building materials are available. For now, your thoughts and prayers for us and everyone else down here is plenty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you guys! I feel like praying is all i have been doing for the past week! It is so hard to watch it all happening around me and feeling helpless. I am glad that you were spared from the worse of it all.
Keep us posted on when you think you will be able to go back.
Love ya,
Dee

Anonymous said...

That is such awesome news!! I am so happy to hear that you all faired pretty well, considering. Thanks for keeping us all posted during this time!
-Dalis

Anonymous said...

Yay! Such wonderful news to hear. I found your house on that website's picture and was keeping my hopes high! It's so nice to get some uplifting news. Keep keeping us informed! =)
-Kelly

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news. Let us know if there is anything you might need as things progress.
Love--mer