Today Kyle returned to Biloxi to survey the damage. Much to my dismay though. I thought he should wait and be accompanied by his uncle on Sunday, but Kyle has been chomping at the bit to leave once he found out we at least have a roof. And since he is so suborn, he wasn’t going to sit around for a mere 24 more hours… The only good thing is that he has agreed to make it a day trip and to ask a coworker to go with him to our house. I am relieved that I’ll soon know what exactly we face ahead of us in home repairs/rebuilding.
I cannot seem to get the aerial image to load, the photo web hosting site says the file is too large. So here is the link http://alt.ngs.noaa.gov/katrina/089A30D_KATRINA.HTM. You will need to click on one of the squares to view an image. To view our neighborhood, go to the bottom row of squares, click on the 11th square from the left. Once you have the image open (it may take awhile) start at bottom right of image. Move to the left until you hit the RR tracks. Move up till you get to the first intersection. There is a house with a mostly white roof – our house is directly across from it (look down, to the east). Ours has the white square in the front yard (parts of the fence) and you can see the divided driveway.
Hope you can see it. If you know the Biloxi area, click on some of the other squares to see more of the destruction. It’s truly a very sad sight.
I’ll post once Kyle is safely back and maybe we’ll have good news to share! Or maybe just news.
No comments:
Post a Comment