Can’t wait, we’re leaving for Phoenix Thursday. It will be so wonderful to celebrate Kyle’s Great Grandma’s 100 years of life! I am looking forward to meeting Great Grandma Mary and other Kish various family members. This is such a special event and I am so happy Kyle and I will be able to participate. And of course it will be wonderful to visit with everyone again!
Kyle finally got the insurance adjuster out to the house to do his thing. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon, and it’s all good news!
Work is going ok, it keeps us busy. This is a good thing. Well that’s what I keep telling myself. We are very fortunate, we have jobs! Moreover we have a sound, safe home to live normally in. Overall, most days are good, but some days are bad. And the bad days are pretty bad. Even though I don’t have it bad at all, just living around and see all of the destruction everywhere affects me. I feel like I need a good cry every now and then to purge so I can keep going. For the most part, the environment of complete and utter destruction is overwhelming, depressing and emotionally draining. So the trips away, even for a day, really help the spirit!
Clean up down here is full steam ahead, though there is so much devastation it will take quite a long time. On that note, the downed tree in our yard that was cut up then moved into a pile at the street was finally removed last week! So our home feels somewhat more normal.
1 comment:
Woah! Congrats to Great Grandma. :) That's awesome!
Post a Comment