we are currently packing up to leave. the hurricane is now a catagory 5 (160 mph winds, 20' storm surge) and some are expecting it to turn more northward and hit Biloxi directly. the other unfortunate thing is that now all of the news people are compairing this storm with Hurricane Camille. Jim Cantore with the weather channel is stationed about a mile from our house and is saying that tomorrow the store surge will be above his head!!! this makes me feel even worse...
We are going to head to Pensacola, but should it start looking like we need to head further east, we'll go to my Mom and Dad's vacant apt in Dothan, AL or further on to St. Augustine. We shall see.
Kyle is currently helping a coworker board up his house while I continue to pack clothes, documents, pictures, etc. I am getting really anxious and overwhelmed, finding it hard to concentrate on what needs to be done. I think I just need to turn the TV off for a bit.
We are hoping to leave here between 10 am and noon.
5 comments:
Shelley and Kyle, hope your home survives the blast. it is now 1100 am Monday, and we still have power. Lots of places around BR are without. Good Luck! Thinking about you.
Love, Dad and Mom
Been thinking about you guys all night / morning (as I've been watching home too...they are one of the ones w/out power) Hope things are ok, I'll check back in.
-Dalis
I hope you all are alright. I saw the news this morning and things didn't look so great. You're in our thoughts. Update when you can
Love--Meredith
Shelley,
Update us when you know something. It was really hard to be at work yesterday and not be able to do anything and just worrying. Last i heard my parents and Mahder were w/o electricity and Mahder lost the roof off the porch in the back of their house but thankfully it went into the street. My prayers are with you!
Love ya!! Dee
Hey guys,
Sounds like the storm hit Gulfport/Biloxi the worst. Sure glad to hear that you got the heck out of Dodge! Hope your house didn't suffer too much damage. Tried to call last night, but the lines were all tied up. Hope to hear an update from you soon!
Love, Emily
Post a Comment