Thursday, March 06, 2008

weekend away...

We spent last weekend in south Alabama. Kyle had a work related conference to attend. Lucky for us it was held at the Grand Hotel in Pointe Clear, AL. It is a beautiful resort. Plus, the weather was incredible; warm and sunny. Basically it was a perfect Spring Gulf Coast weekend. It made me really miss living on the Coast, being near the water, warmer weather... Because this was a work thing, we got a discounted mini vacation out of it. Although I think it was more fun for Sarah and me than Kyle. We spent our time without Kyle exploring the beautiful grounds of the resort and a brief trip into historic downtown Fairhope. Once Kyle was free, we spent a nice afternoon in the cute downtown area (Sandi, you would LOVE it!).

Kyle and I somehow forgot Sarah's packed bag at home. So our first day away, Sarah & I went searching for a consignment shop and then Target. It was very hard to buy clothes when Sarah has plenty! But she did end up with some really cute stuff...

On Sunday our Mississippi Gulf Coast friends, Emily & Doug, met us at the Eastern Shore shopping center. It was so nice to visit and catch up. A great end to a wonderful weekend!

Take a look at the new pictures I've posted from our weekend!

No comments: