Baby Updates – Month 5:
We are at the end of her 5th month. It's flown by. Generally Sarah is in an exceptionally great mood. She's very animated and finds everything fascinating! She grabs for everything and if possible gums it. Odie, our dog, is VERY fascinating now and becomes more so every day! Sarah has now started giggling at Odie when she moves ‘funny’ (such as when Odie is rubbing her face in the carpet).
Verbal: Sarah ‘speaks’ more these days, but it’s mostly high pitched squealing. Her cooing consists mostly of “heeee” that is really spitty and sometimes “gah.”
Mobility: Sarah has been getting up on all fours and rocks, but usually doesn’t go anywhere (except backwards sometimes). Lately she gets on all fours then sticks her butt in the air with her head all the way down, like she’s going to do a summersault! This usually happens when she’s very tired though. She also sits nicely when we prop her up. It takes a minute or two, but she usually falls over when reaching for something. She is an expert at rolling over from tummy to back but rare rolls from back over to tummy.
Sleeping: We continue to be very lucky! Unless we upset her schedule, she continues to sleeping through the night. She usually goes down [generally with no problems] between 7 and 9 pm and wakes between 5 and 6:30 am. Sarah usually takes two good naps during the day and 3 if I’m lucky.
Feeding: No teeth yet, yay for me! We are still exclusively nursing with the idea that food will be introduced once Sarah is “ready” after the 6 month point. Since this is right around the corner, I think we’ll be waiting a bit longer. I don’t think she’s quite ready yet, which is just fine by me! I’m really in no hurry.
***I've added more pictures to the March 2008 folder, see slide show on the left.***
Here are some movies of Sarah:
Feb 21, 2008 - Kyle making Sarah laugh
March 17, 2008 - Another of how Kyle gets Sarah to laugh. He goes through everybody's name in the family. Pretty much she'll laugh at anybody's name!
March 19, 2008 - Sarah in the crib after a nap, some rocking
Feb 6, 2008 - Peek-a-boo
1 comment:
I love it- she's so cute y'all.
Post a Comment