Friday, July 08, 2005

anxious...

The weather today is so beautiful, it's hard to believe that there is a seriously major hurricane threatening to bombard us in a couple of days!

I am feeling a bit anxious right now, having a hard time concentrating on the door and opening schedule I am updating. I keep thinking about everything I should have done to be more prepared for hurricane season...but it is ONLY July!!! We usually don't see any threatening activity until late August thru October. Anyway, we still have leftover wood from hurricane Ivan to board up the house. But we won’t know anything until hurricane Dennis passes over Cuba. Once in the Gulf, they’ll be able to better predict where it’s headed and how strong it’s likely to get. In the meantime, I get to stress out and wait to see if the Emergency Management Agency will issue an evacuation. In which case, we’ll be packing up and heading North or West… either way will take forever—especially if they evacuate New Orleans!

Mostly I am bitter because we just spent so much time (and moola) in the yard last weekend to have it blown away only a week later…

I will continue to post updates as to what’s going on here and what we’ll be doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Welcome to blog land. I am addicted to several & have thought of starting my own. You might have pushed me over into it! :) Your house is adorable!

Anonymous said...

NIce Shelley,

I just e-mailed your mom because I was trying to get in touch with the PEO people here in Baton Rouge. Anyway, when I e-mailed her I asked about you and how to get intouch with you. Glad to see you are doing well. I like the blog......pretty cute and I will enjoy reading it every now and again.